Tuesday, March 8, 2011

dc sunrise in 25 steps

Sunrises are some of the most shot events because they are so beautiful. I wanted to make something special out of the sunrise on 2 March so right before the scheduled sunrise time of 6:40 am I started taking a series of 6 pictures to make one HDR, and I essentially kept going until the sun had risen far enough to my liking.
In order to take those 6 shots, I took two sets of 3 shots, one centered at -1Ev (-1, -2, 0) and the other centered at +1Ev (+1, 0, +2), so I was essentially shooting and switching the setting nonstop. The first shot was taken at 6:38, the last one at 6:45.
I processed all the HDR pictures using 5 of the pictures from each set of 6, and I used my software of choice, Nik HDR Efex Pro. I then used Photoshop CS5 to arrange this collage...

No comments:

Post a Comment